Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Continuing... like I never left off.

I have houseplants, but I hardly consider them pets. For some reason they always seem to multiply. Every time I see one I adore at the home improvement store, regardless of time of year, I have to purchase another one. Now I've got them littered about the house in various pots, and I'm constantly forgetting to water them.

I have two cats too. I do consider these pets, though they spent the vast majority of their time lounging around in a few spots - a little like the house plants, if you ask me, only with the added chore of the litter box.

It's summer now, but I can think back to the winter, to the several feet of snow we had this year and remember how I relished these houseplants, the two cats, for offering me my only taste of nature indoors.

I've decided to continue this blog though the summer semester of Nature Writing is over. I managed an A, but I still don't think I've said enough. In the next year I'm going to continue to chronicle my run-ins with nature. This could involve my houseplants and cats in the winter - fair warning - but it will also involve my garden through the seasons (including the strangely shaped cucumbers we just picked) and it may include a few observations made on my family trip to Alabama in a few weeks. You might want to expect descriptions of mosquitoes as big as birds.

Either way, this little blog isn't quite over yet. I cannot say the blogging will be as frequent, but it will continue. Let's just say I'll make the effort of one post a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment