Monday, June 14, 2010

Barefooting

I hate shoes. My grandmother tels me it is a genetic predisposition - the loathing of shoes. She prefers barefoot as did her mother before her. It must've skipped a generation since neither of my parents are really preferential to barefeet.

I think I just like the texture under my toes. It's not that I enjoy walking on the hot cement in bare feet in the summer, but I love the feel of cool grass, or the heat of the beach sand under my feet.

Even moreso, I think I like the feel of cool dirt or mud. I feel like I can just dig my toes into the wetness of it, take root and become some unmoving tree.

I wear my sandals into fall and I'm the first to break them out in the spring. I want the least resistance between the soles of my feet and the breath of the earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment