Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Why a blog?

Why can't I just submit my journals on paper like everyone else?

Part of doing nature writing should involve some sort of respect of nature. In an effort to do this properly, I will be posting my journal online and doing all the writing digitally. This doesn't mean the entire project cannot be printed later, but it does mean that I'm not using paper to bring my ideas together, and I am therefore conserving resources which is directly affecting the natural world I'm going to write about.

Also, as I plan to be spending a lot of my time in the summer outside doing the reading and the writing, I'm hoping to include some digital photos of the very experiences I'm writing about. My boyfriend is training to backpack Glacier National Park in Montana in the fall, so I will be spending some weekends hiking. I'm hoping the battery on my little netbook can make an entry or two from the Appalachian Trail (to be posted after I return to the grid, so to speak).

Oh... and the third reason is the fact that my handwriting is horrid.

No comments:

Post a Comment